The City of Watervliet is looking for qualified residents and business owners to participate on
the New York State Police Reform and Reinvention Collaborative initiative, which was created under the
Governor’s Executive Order 203.
The City of Watervliet will address this Executive Order by establishing the Watervliet Police
Policy Review Committee (WPPRC). Mayor Charles Patricelli will hereby appoint a 12-member panel to
discuss and develop the recommendations required of Executive Order 203. A final report will be
submitted to the Watervliet City Council to be reviewed and adopted on or before April 1, 2021. The
WPPRC will collaboratively work with the City of Watervliet to respond to the following goals set forth
under this order:
1) Eliminate racial inequities in policing;
2) To modify and modernize policing strategies, policies, procedures and practices;
3) Develop practices to better address the needs of communities of color;
4) Promote public safety in communicates of color;
5) Improve community engagement in communities;
6) Foster trust between the Watervliet Police Department and communities of color.
This committee will be a mix of city employees along with residents